Terms And Condition
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to jobshine.sg!
This Agreement sets forth the general terms and conditions of your use of the jobshine.sg website and any of its products or services (collectively, "Website" or "Services").
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use jobshine.sg if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to this Terms and Conditions: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Singapore. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
1. Accounts and membership
You must be at least 13 years of age to use this Website. By using this Website and by agreeing to this Agreement you warrant and represent that you are at least 13 years of age. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with it. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor and review new accounts before you may sign in and use our Services. Providing false contact information of any kind may result in the termination of your account. You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. We may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) if we determine that you have violated any provision of this Agreement or that your conduct or content would tend to damage our reputation and goodwill. If we delete your account for the foregoing reasons, you may not re-register for our Services. We may block your email address and Internet protocol address to prevent further registration.
2. User content
We do not own any data, information or material ("Content") that you submit on the Website in the course of using the Service. You shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, appropriateness, and intellectual property ownership or right to use of all submitted Content. you grant us permission to access, copy, distribute, store, transmit, reformat, display and perform the Content of your user account solely as required for the purpose of providing the Services to you. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, we have the right, though not the obligation, to, in our own sole discretion, refuse or remove any Content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any of our policies or is in any way harmful or objectionable.
We perform regular backups of the Website and Content, however, these backups are for our own administrative purposes only and are in no way guaranteed. You are responsible for maintaining your own backups of your data. We do not provide any sort of compensation for lost or incomplete data.
4. Terms and Conditions for Job Seekers
- A profile will be uploaded in ‘shared’ mode and will be suggested to other Client(s) in case it matches their requirements
- In case job seeker intends to remove his/her profile from JobShine database and/or does not want the same to be shared with any of the Clients of JobShine and/or wants to discontinue use of services of JobShine, then contact us via the contact form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Profile will be automatically populated with the answers from pre-interview questions you answer during the job applications.
- You can use your Profile to apply to job offers that are published on the websites or messaging bots. The respective recruiting company will then have access to your Profile even and will be able to see the data you provided.
- JobShine.sg provides no guarantee and makes no representation that applying jobs in our website or our messaging bots will get a job.
- JobShine.sg provides all services for FREE to job seekers. Therefore job seekers no need to pay to the us in any circumstances. Please email us to email@example.com, if you receive any email/messages/phone calls etc to pay for the service from JobShine.
5. Terms and Conditions for Employers
The following terms and conditions apply to all Employers and other users who access or use the Site as intended for individuals and/or organizations seeking to make available information regarding employment openings, on their behalf or other’s behalf, including but not limited to agencies purchasing for multiple parties, or otherwise indicate their acceptance to this Agreement
5.1 Jobs Policies
The following Jobs Policies provide guidance on what types of Job posts are allowed on Jobshine.sg. Job posts must comply with our other T&C as well as the Jobs Policies.
- Must not contain any contact details of employers
- Must not promote employment opportunities that are misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent
- Must not promote employment opportunities that involve illegal activity, products, or services.
- Must not unlawfully discriminate against applicants based on any protected characteristics, including, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition or any other basis protected under federal, state or local law. Job posts must comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination.
- Must not promote employment opportunities in a sexually suggestive manner.
- Must not promote employment opportunities that require adult services or use of adult products.
- Must not solicit personal identification or financial information from any potential applicants.
- Must clearly and fully describe the product or business model it is promoting. Job posts must not promote employment opportunities for business models that offer quick compensation for little investment, including multilevel marketing opportunities.
- Must not impersonate a brand, company, entity, or public figure. This includes falsely representing an association with a business.
- Must not promote employment opportunities that involve illegal or recreational drugs, products, and services.
5.2 Standard Job Postings
- Posting a standard job ad on Site is free and unlimited
- You must ensure that All the Standard job postings must comply the Job Policies and other Terms and Conditions of JobShine
- As JobShine.sg is a multichannel recruitment platform, Standard job postings may appear in our Facebook page, messaging bots such as Facebook Bot, Telegram bot and relevant groups like Facebook group, telegram group etc. to obtain many applications in short time. So by posting a Standard job posting directly on our Site, you accept that we may distribute that Standard job posting to third party sites.
- Advertisers must ensure that all information entered into any data entry field, as part of the Ad classification process, relates directly to the relevant data field category. JobShine.sg reserves the right to amend, alter or remove any information that does not meet this requirement.
- The insertion so displayed in the job search section of JobShine shall be for a period (currently maximum 30 days), which period is subject to change without notice. Every instance of reposting of existing listing entitles the Client to an additional period (currently maximum 30 days) starting from the date on which the listing is reposted and shall be counted as fresh standard posting
5.3 Premium Job Postings
- All the Premium job postings must comply with the Terms and Conditions of Standard Job Posting
- Premium job posting appear at the top of the job search results pages when a candidate query matches your job postings on the Site, and where it would otherwise organically appear in the search results page as standard job posting.
- Premium job posting will appear on the Site for the dates and maximum number of applications agreed until either party terminate the service.
- JobShine.sg provides no guarantee and makes no representation that a Premium Job Posting will result in an increase in the number of applications received. You acknowledge that application levels are influenced by many factors beyond the control of JobShine.sg.
5.4 Candidate Search
- The information and services available on the site are provided for the sole purpose of individuals looking for employment opportunities and career information and for employers seeking to recruit staff. You may use, print and download information from the site for these purposes only and for no other personal or commercial purpose.
- You may not otherwise copy, display, transmit or distribute any material from the site and if you do or if you perform any other unauthorised processing of information on the site it shall be deemed a material breach of these terms and conditions which, in the case of a Customer, shall entitle us to terminate the Services immediately on notice in writing.
- Further, we reserve the right to suspend provision of the Services to you in circumstances where we reasonably believe that you have performed any unauthorised processing of information.
- In respect of any personal data accessed or otherwise processed by a Customer as a result of access to the site or the Services, the Customer agrees that it shall be the sole data controller of such personal data and, as such, shall be solely responsible for its processing.
- All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belongs to us or its third party suppliers. Use of the site does not give you any proprietary rights in such materials.
5.6 Display Advertisements
- JobShine will display the banners at top and bottom of the job search results pages on a rotation basis.
- JobShine offers no guarantee nor warranties that there would be a satisfactory response or any response at all once the banners are put on display.
5.7 Making Purchases
If you purchase our premium services (premium job posting, candidate search, advertisements, etc.) the following payment terms apply:
- Paid Credits are for the use of the Employer alone. You are prohibited from reselling or transferring this paid credits to others.
- JobShine will commence providing premium services only upon having enough credits upfront and the credits will be deducted after each premium service.
- You will be invoiced on the first of each month for services rendered for the month prior.
- All amounts owing to JobShine under the Agreement must be paid within 14 days of the date of invoice.
- JobShine may charge you interest on late payments at its applicable bank interest rate plus any costs we incur as a result of collecting your payment.
- In case, if you do not pay your account on time JobShine may remove your premium job posting without notice and refuse to supply further services to you.
- You acknowledge that once the Agreement has been confirmed, the service may not be changed or refunded.
You agree that JobShine may obtain from either a credit reporting agency or other credit providers personal credit information about you and/or your directors or a consumer credit report about you for the purpose of collecting overdue payments relating to commercial credit owed by you. You agree that JobShine may disclose this information to a credit reporting agency or interested persons as reasonably necessary.
6. Links to other websites
Although this Website may link to other websites, we are not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with any linked website, unless specifically stated herein. Some of the links on the Website may be "affiliate links". This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, Website Operator will receive an affiliate commission. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating, and we do not warrant the offerings of, any businesses or individuals or the content of their websites. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for the actions, products, services, and content of any other third-parties. You should carefully review the legal statements and other conditions of use of any website which you access through a link from this Website. Your linking to any other off-site websites is at your own risk.
8. Prohibited uses
In addition to other terms as set forth in the Agreement, you are prohibited from using the Website or its Content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
9. Intellectual property rights
This Agreement does not transfer to you any intellectual property owned by Website Operator or third-parties, and all rights, titles, and interests in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Website Operator. All trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Website or Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Website Operator or Website Operator licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Website or Services may be the trademarks of other third-parties. Your use of our Website and Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Website Operator or third-party trademarks.
10. Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will Website Operator, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, suppliers or licensors be liable to any person for (a): any indirect, incidental, special, punitive, cover or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for lost profits, revenue, sales, goodwill, use of content, impact on business, business interruption, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity) however caused, under any theory of liability, including, without limitation, contract, tort, warranty, breach of statutory duty, negligence or otherwise, even if Website Operator has been advised as to the possibility of such damages or could have foreseen such damages.
You agree to indemnify and hold Website Operator and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless from and against any liabilities, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, incurred in connection with or arising from any third-party allegations, claims, actions, disputes, or demands asserted against any of them as a result of or relating to your Content, your use of the Website or Services or any willful misconduct on your part.
All rights and restrictions contained in this Agreement may be exercised and shall be applicable and binding only to the extent that they do not violate any applicable laws and are intended to be limited to the extent necessary so that they will not render this Agreement illegal, invalid or unenforceable. If any provision or portion of any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it is the intention of the parties that the remaining provisions or portions thereof shall constitute their agreement with respect to the subject matter hereof, and all such remaining provisions or portions thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
13. Dispute resolution
The formation, interpretation, and performance of this Agreement and any disputes arising out of it shall be governed by the substantive and procedural laws of Singapore without regard to its rules on conflicts or choice of law and, to the extent applicable, the laws of Singapore. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue for actions related to the subject matter hereof shall be the state and federal courts located in Singapore, and you hereby submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts. You hereby waive any right to a jury trial in any proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
Unless otherwise stated, JobShine Pte Ltd and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on jobshine.sg. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from jobshine.sg for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from https://www.jobshine.sg
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from www.jobshine.sg
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from www.jobshine.sg
- Redistribute content from https://www.jobshine.sg (unless content is specifically made for redistribution).
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for employers to post jobs and access the job seekers’ profile. JobShine Pte Ltd has all the rights to filter, edit, publish or review the job postings and applications on the website. Job postings and job applications reflect the interests of the person who post their job posting and applications. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, JobShine Pte Ltd shall not be liable for the job postings and job applications or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the job postings and job applications on this website.
JobShine Pte Ltd reserves the right to monitor all job postings and job applications and to remove any job postings and job applications which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the job postings and job applications on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The job postings and job applications do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The job postings and job applications do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The job postings and job applications will not be used to solicit or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant JobShine Pte Ltd a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your job postings and job applications in any and all forms, formats or media (e.g: Other Facebook groups, etc).
15. Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- Facebook Pages;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and educational institutions and trade associations.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavourably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of JobShine Pte Ltd; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information. These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site. If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of JobShine Pte Ltd's logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
17. General Terms
JobShine reserves the right to terminate your agreement with JobShine if you post any Job posting or utilise any feature of the Site or JobShine Product in any way which is in breach of any of these Terms without notice nor compensation. JobShine reserves the right to, in its absolute discretion (acting reasonably), reject or remove any Job Postings or Advertisements from the Site for any reason. Termination of our agreement with you as a result of you breaching any one or more of these Terms, will not end provisions of these Terms that are capable of surviving termination.
The services provided by the JobShine.sg maintained, operated or owned by JobShine Pte Ltd do not extend to acting as an agent on behalf of any employer or jobseeker. JobShine Pte Ltd has no agents and does not operate through any agents.
18. Interactions with Other Users; Scams; Confidentiality
If you are concerned about any particular communication you have received from a potential employer (either because it’s unsolicited or you received the communication in response to your Job Application), or if you are concerned about any particular Job Advertisement you find on JobShine, or if you find a Job Advertisement that is fake or fraudulent, contact JobShine immediately and do not respond to the sender of the communication; and concurrently, conduct your own Internet search of the company and the person who emailed you.
Remember, if the job or the job offer sounds too good to be true, you need to be extra vigilant and conduct your own checks before responding to any communication or taking any action.
Additionally, although JobShine requests that companies maintain the confidentiality of the Job Applications and profile they receive through the Services, JobShine cannot and does not guarantee that the information you provide will be held in confidence or properly secured by the applicable recipient.
19. Changes and amendments
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement or its policies relating to the Website or Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Agreement on the Website. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of the Website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
20. Acceptance of these terms
You acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and agree to all its terms and conditions. By using the Website or its Services you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Agreement, you are not authorized to use or access the Website and its Services.
21. Contacting us
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Agreement or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to it, you may do so via the contact form or send an email to email@example.com
This document was last updated on December 28, 2019